Friday, May 1, 2020

NEGATIVE THOUGHT PROCESS - Hell Is... Much Better Than This EP review



NEGATIVE THOUGHT PROCESS - Hell Is... Much Better Than This EP

Hibernacula Records




When I saw this band's name my first thought was that they were familiar to me. I was wrong on that part even though the band has been around for a few years. Plus they've got a previously released EP and full length to their credit. But after listening to this a few times I can say their sound is very familiar. 


Here we have a six cut EP by this English three piece grindcore act. Of course the genre recognition is superficial. Musically they employ 90's era caustic/barked hardcore vocals. The speed factor is sporadic since they like their dissonance time and finish off with explosive power violence. 


In the end yeah I give em props for playing in a style that's not boring or overbearingly redundant. I'm not going to mention any names as far as that last part goes. You can take your own guesses on who or whom I refer to. But NEGATIVE THOUGHT PROCESS are definitely a short form release band. It's exciting grindcore. They definitely have the talent going for em. Personally I've moved on from this type of grindcore but I know some people who would call this the greatest thing since sliced bread. So there you go.


https://www.facebook.com/pg/HibernaculaRecords/about/?ref=page_internal

https://negativethoughtprocess.bandcamp.com/album/hell-is-much-better-than-this

https://www.facebook.com/negativethoughtprocess


No comments: