NINTH REALM - Damnation's Veil
Transcending Obscurity Records
I've said it before but I'll repeat myself. Thrash Metal in these modern times is boring as shit. Some bands sound cool only because they remind ya of a past favorite. Then you've got these other acts who just go off the rail and end up boring. That's why I like Blackened Thrash because I know what to expect. It either sounds damm good or it's generic garbage.
Which brings us to this latest full length from Maryland's NINTH REALM. The band started back in 2018 and has been putting out plenty of short form releases. Their first full length, A Fate Unbroken, came out in 2022. So here's their second full length. The genre tagline on here is Crossover / Thrash Metal. Personally I don't get the Crossover part because I don't hear 80's Hardcore. But everything else is cool.
With the exception of the intro cut, which is boring. This is a damm good album. NINTH REALM just excel in aggressive, violent, pummeling sounds. It's the equivalent of a dozen bullet belt, jean jacket cut-off wearing hessians kicking into your house and beating the crap out of you. That's if you're a hipster. If it was my house, I'm armed so the first nine of ya would be shot and I'd have a second magazine in the chamber fast enough to finish the next three.
Be that it is I think violence is a quality motive when listening to this release. NINTH REALM are all into that with rapid galloping riffs, a pounding / savage rhythm section and a damm violent sounding vocalist. This is my kind of Thrash in 2026.
LISTEN HERE:

No comments:
Post a Comment