Sunday, November 16, 2008

GNAW THEIR TONGUES - An Epiphanic Vomiting of Blood CD review


GNAW THEIR TONGUES - An Epiphanic Vomiting of Blood CD
Crucial Blast

This is not music. It's an experiment in terror that proves this one man Industrial Black Metal project by the artist known as Mories is seriously disturbed. Do you know what else? I LIKE IT! I wish I had this on Halloween. I wish everyone I know (well just the sick twisted ones) had this on Halloween. Get it now and save it for next year because it needs to played so people who come to your front door will hear it. Trust me they will never come to your door again. Screw that I would want this to play automatically every time some schmuck comes to my front door trying to sell me something. Like those annoying Girl Scouts, fuck them and their cookies. I can't believe that this guy is from Holland. For those of you who don't know, my father's ancestors came to the colonies from Holland prior to the Revolutionary War. So there is a kinship between the guy from GNAW THEIR TONGUES and I. Then again after someone listens to this tormenting massacre I doubt anyone will want to be alone in the same room with me.

I should've had this prior to the election. Every time some under paid campaign canvasser came to my door to tell me about (place any random candidate's name here). I could've put this CD on. The poor bastard would try to convince me to vote for their favorite clown. All the while the twisted orchestral sounds, Black Metal shrieks, crushing Doom, and samples of individuals in peril, would cry out at them. When one of them would start to leave (run away most likely) I could ask them to come in and tell me more. Yeah sure and the authorities would be at my door the following day wanting to ask a few questions. I could always play them this CD.

But on a more serious note after listening to this a few times. I started to dig deeper into the substance of what was crawling out of my stereo speakers. I was trying to hear everything in the background like the voices, conversations, samples, etc. Then I started to wonder, it's not the music or the man who created it that's disturbing. It's the one who sits there enjoying it like myself. We're the ones who are mentally numb towards the horror. Listening to this is like looking into a mirror. If the reflection you see doesn't repulse you, then what?


www.crucialblast.net
www.gnawtheirtongues.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/gnawtheirtongues

No comments: