Friday, June 1, 2018

SINAYA - Maze of Madness review



SINAYA - Maze of Madness

Brutal Records




I have a few rose bushes in the back yard. When they're in bloom they're beautiful. But if you don't handle em carefully their thorns will tear your hands apart. Much like this band that hails from Sao Paulo, Brazil. After a few listens to this their full length debut I believe they're be leading a change in attitudes.


SINAYA play melodic death metal with thrash influences and are a four piece all female extreme metal act. Women in metal bands is a normal thing these days. But all women extreme metal acts are not yet part of our collected consciences. There's a few out there. Right now I'm enjoying the hell out of this one.


Musically SINAYA remind me of early Angela Gossow era ARCH ENEMY. That's a complement by the way. Guitarist / vocalist Mylena Monaco has that perfect craven witch vocal style which I fuckin love. The songs carry a low fi head banging groove for the most part but there are times when it's thrash pit time. The lead guitar soloing is tight, flawless without being flashy.


Which brings me to this point, Maze of Madness is a true metal masterpiece. If I'm in the mood to hear something just to make my mood cool then this is it. There are times people when genre extremes just don't cut your mood. This release kinda does it. Hello one of of the best releases of 2018.


http://brutalrecords.us/

https://www.facebook.com/sinayaofficial

http://sinayaofficial.com/


No comments: