Sunday, September 8, 2019

FORLET SIRES - Holy review



FORLET SIRES - Holy 

Cruel Bones Records




Someone once asked me if I play my type of music at work and I said no. The other people I work with play their stuff and I ignore it. So the next question came if I could play music at work what would it be? My answer was death doom because it suits the job. Be that as it may I'm off from work listening to some death doom from a Swiss four piece act. 


Of course the sub genre of death doom has it's own template stretch point. There's either the adherence to death and destruction or a lean towards elegance. These guys are pushing towards the latter at least with one foot while the other is firmly planted in the mainstay. The first two cuts on this band's second full length push the atmosphere part of the phase. We're talking long drawn out riff packages with growled vocals. At times it reminds me of MY DYING BRIDE minus the violin.



The third cut "Dead Skin", which is the best out of the four long songs on here, is a bestial punch to the gut. It's like getting into a fight with a grizzly bear with some subtle tremolo picked rhythms as accompanying back ground music. Still there's that elegance but paired with the vicious execution of blast beats. Final cut, "We Roam This World Alone" least favorite since it rehashes most of the first two cuts . In the end FORLET SIRES don't do a bad job at emulating others.



https://cruelbones.com/

https://forletsires.bandcamp.com/album/holy

https://www.facebook.com/forletsires 


No comments: