Wednesday, April 12, 2017

GOATH - Luciferian Goath Ritual review



GOATH - Luciferian Goath Ritual

Van Records




I must admit I'm a traditionalist when it comes to my favorite music but once in a while I kinda like when a band adds to their template of sound. I don't refer to it as progression or progressive because in musical terms that means "watered down". For me it's like adding something to the secure foundation. Think of it like putting an addition on your house or spicing up a recipe. That's what I come away with while listening to this German band's debut full length.

GOATH are firmly rooted in the blackened death genre but it's when they douse themselves in the whole cannon of black metal, toss in some thrash and even old school metal then they have built up their template and not progressed away. Lots of bands have done this in the past which I've had mixed opinions about. When it's too obvious it fails but this three piece seems to incorporate it well into their song craft. This is the musical equivalent of peering into an well equipped inquisition style torture dungeon.

I don't want to get into the songs, vocals or riffs, fuck, seriously everything on here is a raw brutal assault. Luciferian Goath Ritual is a hungry sounding beast and look if I was pressed to compare I'd say imagine if DEICIDE was more into black metal. Otherwise this is just unique as well as being one of the best releases you'll punish yourself with in 2017.

http://www.van-gbr.de/

https://www.facebook.com/Goath666

https://goath.bandcamp.com/album/luciferian-goath-ritual

No comments: