Saturday, April 1, 2017

TEMPTATION'S WINGS - Skulthor Ebonblade review



TEMPTATION'S WINGS - Skulthor Ebonblade
Self Released



Ya know if I came home from work and found out someone burned my house down I'd be beyond pissed and a reckoning would be coming. That's basically the premise behind this debut full length release by TEMPTATION'S WINGS who hail from Asheville, North Carolina. I live in the same state as this trio and I'm glad to see a band buck the metal trend. I'm sure some people will pigeonhole these guys in the doom or power metal genre. That's sad since I look at their music as pure Americana Metal in the same vein as some of my favorites like GATES OF SLUMBER and ARGUS.  

This is a concept album with the premise being the title character Skulthor Ebonblade is seeking vengeance against these witches who burned down his village. Musically it's bass heavy, rock heavy fuckin metal with cool solos out the wazoo. Real guy vocals in a high pitch of gutsy added with some doomish riffs. Hell fuckin yeah this is great. This is true American metal with a Southern touch but not sludge and with lyrics involving "steel".

Bands of the past like MANILLA ROAD and CIRITH UNGOL are part of what we have here as legacy following. Skulthor Ebonblade is just a fantastic release of American metal. Make some room on your battle vests people, here comes one of the best releases of 2017 and you'll  want a patch.   

https://www.facebook.com/twbandwnc/

https://temptationswings.bandcamp.com/

No comments: