Sunday, August 26, 2018

COLDBOUND - The Gale review



COLDBOUND - The Gale 

Moonlight Productions




Wow melodic death metal with keyboards and an additional female singer who weighs in once in a while when the guy singing gets tired. Well I really hear this as melodic doom but hey I don't always agree with the promo info.


COLDBOUND, for you people who don't know, are a six piece act hailing from Sweden but are/were originally from Finland.  It gets better for the fact that COLDBOUND have been around since 2012. It all started out as a solo project by multi-instrumentalist / vocalist Pauli Souka. Slowly the act grew in membership to what it is today.


The Gale is COLDBOUND's fourth full length overall and melodic death doom is on full display. The first time I played this release it was just background music while I did stuff. OK I was folding laundry. Now the second time I was sitting down and thought hey KATATONIA meets Finnish doom. To me that says it all. Nuff Said.




https://coldbound.bandcamp.com/album/the-gale

https://www.facebook.com/coldboundofficial/?ref=hl


No comments: