Friday, March 26, 2021

EVULSE - Pustulant Spawn EP review


 

EVULSE - Pustulant Spawn EP

Godz Ov War Productions


Well my first reaction was holy shit where did this come from? More on that one later. Now for those of you who don't know me on Face "fact-check everything" Book (and that's probably a good thing) I post a lot of music of which I'm listening to at that moment. Basically I dedicate a month to a certain genre (almost always metal) and listen to an album a day to share or punish my friends. For me the month of March is the March ov Death Metal. Now this comes in for review and I'm fucking excited as all hell. 


EVULSE is a brand new USDM act outta California. This four song EP is their demo from last year. Thankfully Godz Ov War Productions thought wisely for releasing it. I can honestly say it would be a travesty if this would've gone unnoticed. The four cuts on here of the old school death metal variety. This band does have an AUTOPSY influence to their sound which I think is cool.


So basically you've got a little over thirteen minutes of grimy, sludgey, filth ridden insanity. Imagine getting mugged and then butt raped by a bum who lives under a highway pass in Los Angeles. When the day comes where EVULSE puts out a full length we'll be talking murder. Great guttural vocals, sick sounding riffs plus dynamite lead work. I look forward to hearing more in the future.


https://www.godzovwar.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://godzovwarproductions.bandcamp.com/album/pustulant-spawn-2


No comments: