Sunday, April 16, 2023

COFFINBORN - Cadaveric Retribution review


 

COFFINBORN - Cadaveric Retribution

Xtreem Music


Ya know I don't care how old I get, I'm 60 now by the way. But I'll always love old school death metal whether it's the original masters or some new school talent. It's just the fuckin killer sound which makes me go nuts and I crank the volume up. I'm sure these Hungarians feel the same way. This is their debut album and from what I've read about em they've got extreme metal history.


Originally COFFINBORN started out in 2013. A year later they released their debut EP Beneath the Cemetery which came out on this label. And then they disappeared into a flux of other bands. MORBID CARNAGE is one of note. But finally these guys regrouped to put this album together. 


Musically this is like GRAVE meets MORTICIAN and INCANTATION in a back alley in Budapest for a rumble. Yeah this is pure death metal performed in the old ways. I mean we're talking about thick, heavy handed riffs that shake your foundation. Add to that fuckin dive bombing solos, cavernous vocals, amazing drum work, etc. 


COFFINBORN pretty much take what was great decades ago and make it all sound fresh today. Old School Death Metal will never fall out of fan appreciation when you have musicians like this keeping it alive. Cadaveric Retribution is obviously one of my favorite releases for 2023. I got stuck listening to it for a few weeks now.


http://shop.xtreemmusic.com/english.main.index.php

LISTEN HERE:

https://coffinborn.bandcamp.com/album/cadaveric-retribution


No comments: