Thursday, October 1, 2026

STRICKEN - From Dark Dimensions An Unspeakable Presence Awakens review


 

STRICKEN - From Dark Dimensions An Unspeakable Presence Awakens

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


While listening to this release I was checking out the band line-up. So I see that their drummer is Chris Wozniak who's also in LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR from Chicago, Illinois. Just for the record I'm a huge fan of LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR's early albums. But their comeback album this year was not that good in my not so humble opinion. . 


So getting into this release was at first like thinking it's gonna be LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR minus one. And it's something different. STRICKEN are a Sludge Metal band hailing from Seattle, Washington. And what they are doing is not YOB or anything from the NOLA side of the genre. 


A few months ago I was checking out a local NC band who were Sludge Metal but were pushing a more sonic approach to the sound. I mean the old school is there to like but the genre needs to be improved not in a stupid way but in a Metal way. And this local band was doing so.


STRICKEN are doing the same thing and I like it a lot.


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/from-dark-dimensions-an-unspeakable-presence-awakens


No comments: