THRONEUM - Love Is the Law But Death Is the Frame
Godz ov War Productions
Here we have the eleventh full length by Poland's THRONEUM. This Black Metal act released their first demo in 1998. For some of you reading this that was when your parents were into Black Metal. Of course that's if you had cool parents. I know my son told his friends years ago that his dad was into Black Metal, Death Metal, etc.They all thought that was cool.
Anyways when it comes to Black Metal, THRONEUM are weird. Seriously decades ago I thought ABRUPTUM from Sweden were the weirdest act in Black Metal. But no THRONEUM has em beat. I learned that back in 2020 with their last album, Oh Death Oh Death Determinate, Preach and Lead Us Astray. I was gonna go back and find some of their earlier material but that never happened.
So why is this album weird? Well first off it all sounds like a sick sermon. I mean mainman and vocalist Tomasz Hanuszkiewicz (aka: The Great Executor) sounds like a drunken priest who's given up the faith. Oddly enough he's joined by a guest female vocalist who sounds like a nun who got into the wine as well.
Sound-wise this album sounds like a blackened musical ritual. I mean should go out back into the yard, kill a goat and toss it into a burning pit of fire? I can't wait for my neighbors seeing me do that. Which is all of what you got here musically. Given all of that there's creepy sounds, some cool Black Metal stuff and a touch of Death Metal.
Like I said earlier THRONEUM are weird and for fans only.
LISTEN HERE:
https://godzovwarproductions.bandcamp.com/album/love-is-the-law-but-death-is-the-frame


No comments:
Post a Comment