Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HUMAN MASTICATION - Grotesque Mastication of Putrid Innards CD review


HUMAN MASTICATION - Grotesque Mastication of Putrid Innards CD
Sevared Records

I've got a friend who right now is working in the Philipines where this band is from. I'm gonna send him an email to check these guys out live. I'm optimistic on how he'll like em but then again he makes twisted underground movies. This is HUMAN MASTICATION's debut full length although they have been on a bunch of split releases and compilations. Sound wise these guys are Brutal Death Metal with a bellows for a vocalist and a penchant for thinking up interesting song titles. Now I could write paragraphs about this band's music. But just mentioning one of their song titles for example, "Sodomize the Lacerated Rectum", should give you the idea. Or how about the opener, "Your Rotting Body is My Art", now you're not going to think this is some Christian Metalcore band are you? More likely these guys ground up a bunch of SIX FEET UNDER and CANNIBAL CORPSE CDs then injected the dust into their veins. It hits ya faster that way than snorting the shit, ah atleast that's what I heard. But the end result is brutal and sick. Personally this ain't my type of fun but the sheer extremeness is enough for me to say good job guys. Now go into the jungle and play around one of those haunted trees ya got over there. If this band was from say Orange County, California I'd probably be giving them a hard time. It's one thing to be brutal for brutal's sake. But atleast come from a place that's influentially "brutal". Not finding a table at the food court on a Saturday night just doesn't cut it.

http://sevared.com/

No comments: