Sunday, November 19, 2017

WHORE OF BETHLEHEM - Extinguish the Light review



WHORE OF BETHLEHEM - Extinguish the Light

Black Market Metal Label





Waitaminute, I thought the whore came from Babylon? Well be that as it may what we have here is some blackened death from Texas. A little warning towards ya. If you're not feeling well, as in you've got a cold like I do now, then listening to this will be more miserable than you already feel. This is the second full length by the five piece WHORE OF BETHLEHEM. I never heard their debut, Upon Judas' Throne, which came out in 2014. But after a few painful listens to this all I can say is that it's pretty damm good.

I just gotta say having a head full of snot and coughing your brains out makes a song like "Overtaken By Evil" feel ten times worse. With it's staccato riffs and jack hammer blast beats it feels like you're being attacked by a horde of harpies being commanded by a thousand eyed beast. That's just one of the many joyful tunes on here that would make any cruelty obsessed person grim with delight.

If anything, WHORE OF BETHLEHEM remind me of early BELPHEGOR. I mean the riff style and drum patterns as well as the song structures are similar. It's partially there on the opener "Ritual Purification" and full on with "Invocation". Nothing wrong with that since I like BELPHEGOR. All in all a good nine tracks (one's an instrumental) of blackened brutality.

http://www.blackmarketmetal.net/

https://whoreofbethlehem.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/wobethlehem

No comments: