Tuesday, August 3, 2021

DRAWN AND QUARTERED - Congregation Pestilence review


 

DRAWN AND QUARTERED - Congregation Pestilence

Krucyator Productions


DRAWN AND QUARTERED are a band who I got into years ago because they were on Moribund Records. At that time I was buying everything from that label. Moribund Records was basically a black metal label but DRAWN AND QUARTERED were their stand out death metal act. I mean they were doing old school death metal before it was cool and revived. 


My first album by them was Hail Infernal Darkness from 2006. Yeah an amazing album and from that point I started getting their previous stuff and bought whatever came out next. So yeah this was the band I was into in the late 2000's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozu3E3sYZEY&t=147s


So the next thing I know is that they left Moribund Records and came out with a new album, Feeding Hell's Furnace, on a new label Nuclear Winter Records. That one, which came out in 2012, was damm good but after that I lost touch with the band. They put out The One Who Lurks in 2018 which I missed but here we have their latest. And I have to say this new one is their best ever.


Basically what you have here is cavernous vocal style death metal. We're talking a full on beast in the vocal dept. Add to that the mixture of old school death metal filth, East Coast style, and some tech death touches. All of which is amazing since DRAWN AND QUARTERED are a left coast band. Basically this is the same band I knew from fifteen years ago updated to modern appreciation.  


https://krucyator.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://krucyator.bandcamp.com/album/congregation-pestilence


No comments: