Tuesday, January 31, 2023

PANZERKRIEG 666 - Wolfpack EP review


 

PANZERKRIEG 666 - Wolfpack EP

Human Noise Records


This is a band that I learned about last year via their self titled debut EP. PANZERKRIEG 666 are a two piece black metal act hailing from Germany. At the end of my review of their debut I had written that I'd like to hear a full length by them or just keep these amazing blackened EPs coming. Obviously I got the latter.


Be that as it may what I found interesting about PANZERKRIEG 666 before was their major lyrical/song ideas which were about war. Part of which was about the whole war concept while other songs were about historical events. Of course this is from a band who, if you're up on current European events, is seeing a modern war play out at their back door. 


On this release the band, HvS who performs all the instruments and MvM who is the vocalist, pretty much repeat all the cool things from their debut. Musically they're a rough version of mid period MARDUK. In other words the production values are modest. As a vocalist MvM does have a harsh delivery which is cool. Musically the riffs are decent but of course it's the songs which matter.


Opener "Flamethrower 41" is a face burner, pardon the pun, that gets this thing going. "My Lai Massacre" includes some sound bites which I believe come from CBS news. It's my favorite cut on here with it's varied riff speed. Trudging riffs paired off with thrash style runs. The rest of this EP is just speed driven black metal fury. Great stuff but of course better production and a full length would be killer.


https://www.human-noise-records.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN9LSyI9bt8


No comments: