Friday, March 31, 2023

IMPERIAL DEMONIC - Beneath the Crimson Eclipse EP review



IMPERIAL DEMONIC - Beneath the Crimson Eclipse EP

Black Lion Records


CELTACHOR is this cool Irish blackened folk metal act from Ireland who I've been a fan of ever since hearing their In the Halls of Our Ancient Fathers demo from 2010. Since then I picked up their following three full lengths and liked em all. But the last thing I heard from em was in 2018. Now I know why. 


IMPERIAL DEMONIC is a five piece act from Ireland which contains two CELTACHOR members. I'm talking about vocalist Andy Ennis and drummer Cameron Glass. The band is rounded out with Gareth Murdock on bass who's also in the pirate metal act ALESTORM. The twin guitar attack consists of Daniel Dempster and Kacper Lewandowski.


Now if you're a fan of CELTACHOR (and I've drowned my friends on social media with their music ever since Irish week) then listening to IMPERIAL DEMONIC debut release is gonna shock ya. This is far from blackened folk. When I was listening to the opening track "The Furnace" it was obvious that this band was copying late 1990's era Scandinavian melodic black metal. 


Let me get more to the point. Listening to this five song EP is like pulling out some old DARK FUNERAL or DIMMU BORGIR releases and blasting em. The PR info say's that the band are "paying homage to the more polished black metal sound of the late 90’s and early 2000’s." OK I'll go with that idea. Frankly I haven't listened to DARK FUNERAL or DIMMU BORGIR in around a decade.


In all honesty IMPERIAL DEMONIC recapture the sound perfectly. Does it make me wanna pull out some old releases? Ah no actually because I like the sound which they're doing on this EP. And it's been thirty fuckin years so bring it on.

 

https://blacklion.nu/

LISTEN HERE:

https://imperialdemonicblacklion.bandcamp.com/album/beneath-the-crimson-eclipse


 

No comments: