Friday, March 31, 2023

ISOLE - Anesidora review


 

ISOLE - Anesidora

Hammerheart Records


ISOLE are another one of those bands which I liked early on but over the years I lost touch with. Honestly I think their second album, Throne of Void, from 2006 is amazing. Their third album, Bliss of Solitude, from 2008 is an epic masterpiece. I mean it was melancholy doom at it's best. Born from Shadows, from 2011, is the last full length I have by em. So I've missed some releases over the years. 


But now we have here this Swedish epic doom act's eighth studio album and according to the great PR people, "their best album ever". Hmmm? Well first off Anesidora is not far from where I left off with this band. You've still got the cool clean vocals by Daniel Bryntse who can also throw in a bear growl here and there. 


The guitar work is a mix of drudging riffs, out of no where atmospheric leads and chimed out touches of forever like ending experiences. "Epic" is not a word I'd use automatically when it comes to this latest album. It does have a gloomy melancholic charm to it. I chalk it up there as late night music to mellow out with.


https://www.hammerheart.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://isolehhr.bandcamp.com/album/anesidora



No comments: