Friday, June 23, 2023

ALL HELL - All Hail the Night EP review


 

ALL HELL - All Hail the Night EP

Terminus Hate City Records


It's always good to see a local band do well especially one I've followed for a while. ALL HELL are a three piece blackened speed metal / black n roll act from the western part of my home state of North Carolina. If you're into bands like MIDNIGHT, HOT GRAVES or TOXIC HOLOCAUST then their music is definitely up your alley. ALL HELL have been around for a decade now and have four full length releases to their credit. I highly recommend you check out their 2017 release The Grave Alchemist as well as 2019's The Witch's Grail. 


There's only been one change to the band since I last heard em. That would be the new addition of Cameron Micham on drums. Cameron also played in a local blackened thrash band from my town called SUPPRESSIVE FIRE from 2017 to 2019. ALL HELL is still helmed by Jacob Curwen (vocals/guitar) and Erik Ballantyne on bass. Since I'm a fan (yeah bias alert) this new one has some cool highlights.


All Hail the Night is a six track EP. Three cuts are new and the other three are re-makes of songs from their debut full length The Devil's Work. As far as the new songs go the opener "Black Leather Wings" includes a guest solo and additional vocals by guitarist Nate Garnette of SKELETONWITCH. There's a band name I haven't heard in a while. The next two cut's; "Neon Babylon" and "Let the Night Run Red" are standard fair for the band. I think "Let the Night Run Red" is the better of the three. 


As far as the re-done cuts aka: "Suffer for Me", "Breaker" and "Devilwolf" go. Jacob Curwen adds better blackened serpentine style vocals. The riffs and bass work are the same as the originals. But you can feel that the drum work is better recorded. All in all I like it and I'm looking forward to what comes next. I always thought ALL HELL were one of those bands that should've, could've been better known to fans of blackened speed metal, black n roll, etc. I'm still hoping. I'm also seeing em in Aug.


https://www.terminushatecity.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://allhell.bandcamp.com/album/all-hail-the-night


No comments: