Friday, June 23, 2023

ENFORCER - Nostalgia review


 

ENFORCER - Nostalgia

Nuclear Blast


I became a fan of ENFORCER back in 2007 with their two tracks on the Speed Kills Again comp CD on Heavy Artillery Records. I got their debut full length Into the Night a year later and sometime after that I saw them live. It was ENFORCER and this Canadian band playing a local bar. The place was called The Dive Bar and if 60 people where inside it was overcrowded. But the ENFORCER show was fuckin amazing. 


Of course your's truly was amazed so I've bought every full length these Swedes have put out since then. I'll be the first to admit I'm surprised that ENFORCER are still the only successful band left from the late 2000's who kicked the whole retro NWOBHM thing going. Add to that they're still on Nuclear Blast Records. And of course every album after Diamonds from 2010 followed a formula. Albeit I will say their last full length, Zenith from 2019, was a let down. 


Be that as it may I checked out Nostalgia as a new way to look at ENFORCER and I'm happy for it. This album rips of course after a boring opener instro. "Coming Alive" is a ripper! "Heartbeats" is a classic 80's Metal radio blaster (think DEF LEPPARD). Yeah most of this album is filled with cool fuckin fluid guitar solos. Sonic screams from Olof Wikstrand are just cool as fuck for this old metal head. 


Yeah Nostalgia is a return to form for these Swedes. If you thought that their last album, Zenith, was a bad experiment in glam rock and walked away. Well come on back.


https://www.nuclearblast.com/eu/

LISTEN HERE:

https://enforcer.bandcamp.com/album/nostalgia


No comments: