Thursday, July 20, 2023

NIGHT DEMON - Outsider review


 

NIGHT DEMON - Outsider

Century Media Records


I was a NIGHT DEMON fan years ago when they were part of what I considered the new wave of traditional metal. Their second CD, Darkness Remains from 2017, was my introduction to em. I kinda liked that one to a point. But then they were silent for a long time. Well there were those single songs posted. But hey as a fan I was waiting for something cool.


Well after giving this a few plays I'm kind of ashamed I originally liked this band. I mean hey I'm not a lame-stream mainstream metal type of person. Seriously there's some cool sounding 80's metal action going on. The title track as well as "Obsidian" are decent rocking stuff. Then comes "Beyond The Grave" and you just wanna puke. It's like a grunge ballad.


The second half of this album is not that exciting. "Rebirth" is a third rate radio hit by a third tier concert band. "Escape From Beyond" is actually the best song on this album to a point. The weak break down sucks after they're ripping a good riff. Sad fucking stuff altogether even after their wannabe be MAIDEN break down. The rest of it blows as well.


In the end this is not that good.   


https://www.centurymedia.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://nightdemon.bandcamp.com/album/outsider


No comments: