Thursday, July 20, 2023

OAK - Disintegrate review


 

OAK -  Disintegrate

Season of Mist


This release came out in February but I finally got it in May. Why am I writing about it in fucking July? Well for starters it's a one song 45 minute full length of pure atmospheric death doom. Yeah something perfect to play on a after work late night if you're not feeling worn out. But as I'm writing this I do have that amount of time to kill because I have a Thai soup cooking on the stove and it's a good three hour deal on that one. 


So this is a side project by Guilherme Henriques who is also in the black metal band GAEREA from Portugal. Just for the record GAEREA put out a pretty decent full length last year on this label. So it's no shocker that the label would put out this the sophomore album by em. Along for the ride is GAEREA drummer Pedro Soares. Which means Henriques is responsible for the guitars and vocals. 


Musically this is paint by the numbers classic sounding atmospheric death doom. The Finnish do it so well but at least separate things into songs. There's plenty of black metal touches obviously. The musical mood swings from quiet instrumental passages to Guilherme's bestial vocals and trudging riffs with drummer Pedro Soares adding some excitement with a good BM drum push.


Overall I'm not on drugs for this one nor am I able to do coffee for so long. Basically atmospheric death doom to the hilt and I believe dinner is ready.


https://www.season-of-mist.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://oakdoom.bandcamp.com/album/disintegrate


No comments: