Wednesday, July 12, 2023

ORPHALIS - As The Ashes Settle review


 

ORPHALIS - As The Ashes Settle

Transcending Obscurity Records


It's 2023, I still like my traditional death metal but hey give me the fucking crazy shit and I'm cool. Case in point here we have the fourth full length by Germany's ORPHALIS. They're a five piece death metal act who found boundaries and shattered em over their decade plus career.


ORPHALIS are a German death metal band with an interesting musical description sound-wise. I have never heard their previous albums, sorry about that. But overall this comes across as DM which sits well with the neanderthal brutality meets tech death. What's really cool is how the sound messes both styles and then links in touches of progressive DM atmospherics. 


This is not something for me especially listening to it after 3 AM in the morning  Yeah this is savage, brutal and in a way brilliant. Personally not my thing but hey Tech Death Metal fans take hold of this one. Brutality and Tech Death for all.


https://tometal.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://orphalisger.bandcamp.com/album/as-the-ashes-settle


No comments: