Thursday, September 26, 2024

BLACKEVIL - Praise the Communion Fire for the Unhallowed Sacrament review


 

BLACKEVIL - Praise the Communion Fire for the Unhallowed Sacrament

Dying Victims Productions


So this came in under the tag line of Blackened Thrash from Germany. Actually this three piece calls Bavaria home but be that as it may. Just look at these guys and yeah you know or at least can take a guess as to what type of music you're expecting. 


Then you give this, their third full length, a listen and go whoa! I mean a year ago someone I know in a FB Metal group told me there is Blackened Power Metal. So I was like OK name some. He named a couple of bands and I was no their not Power Metal at all. But here I have a band who would meet his needs. 


BLACKEVIL combine a lot on this seven song release. Yeah this band pushes the epic touches. All of the typical characteristics are hear. There's plenty of thrash meets NWOBHM style which just makes it an exciting listen. The black metal influence is of the late 90's melodic era. Yeah this is like a blackened version of HELLOWEEN's second album. 


That last sentence is fuckin blasphemy to Power Metal fans but so what. It took a few listens to this in order to Get It. And I'm so glad I did. There needs to be some diabolical influences into Power Metal. I believe BLACKEVIL has a niche for the genre stalwarts to recognize. Plus the production on here is damm good. I had the house speakers blasting this one. Unfortunately I forgot that the outdoor speakers were on as well. So my neighbors got a two song dose of BLACKEVIL before I turned em off. Thankfully they didn't call the cops on me again.


Epic Blackened Power Metal and I've gotta send this to that guy who came up with stupid suggestions. With that said it's on this release's final track, "Towards the Carpathian Winter Battle" that BLACKEVIL show their roots to say the least. In the end it's fucking unique and an interesting listen.


https://dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/praise-the-communion-fire-for-the-unhallowed-sacrament


No comments: