Thursday, August 3, 2017

TYRANNOSORCERESS - Shattering Light's Creation review



TYRANNOSORCERESS - Shattering Light's Creation

Tofu Carnage Records



I was thinking this was going to be black metal but no it has too much death metal song structures in it. This five piece act hails from Dallas, Texas. Hey I've been a Dallas Cowboys all my life, OK since I was nine, but trust me there's going to be no bias. So here we have the debut by this band with a somewhat cool name but after a half dozen listens I'm left wondering why I'm bored. 

Maybe it's because the opener "Haunting Black Infinity" starts out cool with a decent melodic BM stability and gruff Euro style vocals but there's no climax. The second cut, another long one like the first, opens with a typical atmospheric blackened melody until it turns to black metal AMON AMARTH or some other wannabe Euro trash anomaly. I can't attest to who wants their riffs back but try someone on Nuclear Blast. Then comes their third track "The Call to Chaos", another long one which starts off aggressive and powerful with intense tremolo riffage and then dies out after four minutes. 

The rest of this is seemingly uneventful. I'd say the high mark lies in the lest then three minute black metal treatise "Shattering Light's Creation". Then their last cut, "Senescent and Supreme" offers some hope when it ends. Be that at it may TYRANNOSORCERESS are extinct as far as this release goes. I'll take a shower now.

https://www.tofucarnage.com/

http://tyrannosorceress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Tyrannosorceress

No comments: