Sunday, October 6, 2019

SKUZ - Death Mince Discography compilation review



SKUZ - Death Mince Discography Compilation

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions




I've said this before and I know it needs repeating. Writing about music on a blog or website does not make you an expert. In fact for me personally doing this blog is always a great learning experience. For example here we have the full output by this band from New Jersey who I never heard of before but damm I'm glad I did because it's good.


SKUZ are a duo consisting of Trevor Pason (guitar & vocals) and Josh Walton (drums & vocals). They originally started out in New Jersey which is from where I was born and raised. But from what I gather they now live in Portland, Oregon. Wow that's a fuckin culture shock. I wonder how long it's going to take them to stop peppering their language with words like Fuck, Fuckin, Motherfucker, Cocksucker, Douchebag, Sonovabitch and Asshole in order to appease the Portland PC crowd. 


But anyways this is a complete discography of what this band has released since starting out in 2014. The thirty one songs here are from their output of demos, split releases (3) and their Endless Grief EP. Why so many songs? Well that's because SKUZ is musically a fuckin death doom and grind act. As far as influences go there's a litany I could mention. But better yet SKUZ could easily stand toe to toe with em. Plus if you do an anti hipster song, in their case it's "Total Hipster Extermination", you're automatically a winner in my book. 


But for the sake of some of you questioning types. SKUZ falls in line with the likes of CIANIDE and MORTICIAN for the most part. Once in a while they're kick it into high gear with some headbanging and slam pit inducing death groove. Strangely enough it always ends in a doom dirge. But then again people don't slam dance like they use to when I was young. All in all this compilation is a MUST HAVE for sick fucks who crave this kinda stuff.


http://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/death-mince-discography

https://www.facebook.com/SKUZNJ/


No comments: