Tuesday, April 21, 2020

UNHOLY DESECRATION - Unholy Horde review



UNHOLY DESECRATION - Unholy Horde

Confused Records




So here we have some blackened death metal from the great state of Texas. Pardon the pun but the state has always been a hotbed for extreme metal. This five piece hails from the city of Mission which if you look it up is down close to the border with Mexico. 


So why am I giving you the geography lesson? Because after listening to this, their debut release. You would think they were from a European nation. If I had a coin with Sweden on one side and Poland on the other. I'd give it a flip and win each time. 


When I started listening to this release I was giving an OK thought. But by the halfway mark I knew something cool was going on here. UNHOLY DESECRATION just started out a few years ago. But they're obviously seasoned vets who came together with a plan. By my second listen I knew this was gonna be a winner.


Now as far as the sound on here you've got some AMON AMARTH and VADER influences in abundance. Melody and brutality are intertwined in combat for supremacy. And yet neither one can survive without the other. Vocal wise the singer here sounds like Johan Hegg. Nothing wrong with that since I like Hegg's vocals. In fact I use to be a huge AMON AMARTH fan until their albums started sounding like a viking version of AC/DC. 


Musically on the other hand their influences really don't define them. They're not trying to be South Texas vikings. Instead this is the music of a satanic murder cult. They know how to pound nails into eardrums with savage riffs as well as slash throats with sharp guitar soloing. Yeah I like it. So next year at Wacken how bout it?


https://www.facebook.com/confusedrecordstx/

https://unholydesecration.bandcamp.com/album/unholy-horde-3

https://www.facebook.com/Unholy-Desecration-186232872029248/


No comments: