Thursday, September 3, 2020

FLESHDRIVER - Leech EP review


 


FLESHDRIVER - Leech EP

Redefining Darkness Records


For regular readers of this blog, and frankly after the name change I'm thankful of ya'll keeping up, you know my thoughts on bands who recapture past sounds. I'm an older dude, I love my past faves and enjoy new bands who recreate that past as well as add some new flavor to all of it. 


With that said I think FLESHDRIVER's title of their debut EP is spot on. This Floridian act knows how to suck off of a sub genre from Sweden aka: Melodic death metal meets English DISCHARGE-core or DIS-core if you prefer. Imagine if you will DISFEAR's last bunch of crap being presented by a new batch of hellions. 


I'll give these Floridians props for a few things. First off their crunchy guitar tone. Add to that the dive bomb guitar soloing. And the amazing in your face violent vocals. Personally I think the Swedes do it better (there's more than DISFEAR) but hey if you're not aware of it then this will do for some people.


http://www.redefiningdarkness.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://fleshdriver-us.bandcamp.com/album/leech


No comments: