Monday, February 1, 2021

SIGNIFICANT POINT - Into the Storm review


 

SIGNIFICANT POINT - Into the Storm

Dying Victims Productions


Well this one shocked my senses like I had just jumped into a frozen lake and that was with the opening cut "Attacker". What we have here people is the debut album by Japan's SIGNIFICANT POINT. They're a five piece act who specialize in true heavy metal sounds from the 80's with a love for speed. I believe they're JUDAS PRIEST fans as well. 


First off this band has a heavy metal falsetto screamer as a vocalist. Half of the time he's perfect while other instances he can be over indulgent and off key. But overall I think he's amazing regardless. I'm a huge fan of heavy metal screamers. But that's not all which is great about this album. 


Musically this band has the twin guitar salvo part down to a science as if they've been doing it for decades. And of course that's where you get the more MAIDEN-esque galloping feel with leads and great rhythms. In fact of the ten cuts on here I think they're all good. SIGNIFICANT POINT does lean into power metal territory which I think is cool. 


All in all you've got some high octane metal touching on the melodic side of things for a good momentum. I just can't help but like this a lot. I grew up in metal with this stuff back in the 80's whether it was top of the bill bands or the second tier greats of the underground. Into the Storm is your get to release for a true metal fix in 2021 and beyond. 


https://www.dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/significant-point-into-the-storm




No comments: