Thursday, May 13, 2021

SHAMAEL - Melancholie der Engel review


 

SHAMAEL - Melancholie der Engel

Satanath Records


Imagine if you will a lone musician going up to some forgotten mountain region to record a depressive doom album but had no vocalist. Then suddenly a (choose one: A Bigfoot, Yeti or Sasquatch) came into said cabin to record the vocals needed for this album. Yeah that would sound cool under those circumstances. But SHAMAEL is a one man act from Italy and I don't believe they have any problems with cryto-biology specimens raiding recording studios. 


Yes I said this is death doom with keyboards added to the excess of pain, misery and the utter melancholy of pushing the limits of despair. Pardon me if I don't slit my wrists in welcoming the end. I've gotta type more before this episode ends. Yes this is a one man band with epicness out the wazoo. The bestial vocals are absolutely gross and animal like which brings in the crypto analogy and I've been watching killer Bigfoot movies of late. 


Hey look I'm sure the whole "goth" thing died in a mall near you. Those losers never got MY DYING BRIDE or classic PARADISE LOST. This Italian guy does with more emphasis on pain and misery as opposed to melancholy. This is Raffaele Galasso's debut album. Nice, now kill yourself.


http://www.satanath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://satanath.bandcamp.com/album/sat314-shamael-melancholie-der-engel-2021




No comments: