Sunday, September 12, 2021

MELTING EYES - My Final Resting Place EP review


 

MELTING EYES - My Final Resting Place EP

Self Released


For those of you who are regular readers of this blog (and frankly who isn't) then you know my affinity towards Dutch death metal. My heritage is Dutch on my father's side and even though his ancestors came to America quite a long, long time ago. I still hold true to that part of me. 


So when death metal came around and I started hearing all of these cool bands from the Netherlands back in the day (aka: ASPHYX, PESTILENCE and many others but of course one of my favorites is PROSTITUTE DISFIGUREMENT.) Well I'm always on the lookout for new bands that fit into the whole Dutch extreme metal aesthetic. 


This new band here, MELTING EYES, fit in perfectly with this their debut EP. But first off the four members of this band are not youngsters. They're all scene vets. One of their guitarists was in a DM act from years ago that I know about called WARMASTER. Musically MELTING EYES are your basic OSDM sounding act. But what's cool about this EP is how fresh it all sounds. 


First off you've got some brutal filth ridden vocals which are definitely up front in the mix. The six cuts on here are in that 4 to 5 minute range except for one. So the band has room to allow an expanse to their range which includes some doomish elements. The songs have a decent guitar crunch as well as some choice leads. In the end you want more so hey I'll be looking forward to a full length.


Listen & Buy Here:

https://meltingeyes.bandcamp.com/


No comments: