Tuesday, September 7, 2021

OFFENCE - You'll Never Rest In Peace review


 

OFFENCE - You'll Never Rest In Peace 

Witching Hour Productions


Well if anything this Polish death metal act's album cover will win an award for Most Likely To Offend. Not me of course but hey you can just imagine. The cover artwork is by  Robert A. von Ritter. If your interested he's got a FB page here: 

https://www.facebook.com/bergtagenillustrations/

But anyways OFFENCE are a new band to me but there's quite a few things about em that are familiar. 


First off their vocalist Hellscreamaross is also in the Polish blackened thrash act WITCHFUCK. I've written about that band's debut this year. Also you've got one of this band's guitarists, Colossus, who plays in the latest line-up of BESATT. I've also written about their latest album as well.


The second thing about this album which is familiar to me is that this is pure old school Polish death metal at it's most primal being. For those of you who read this blog (and frankly who doesn't) then you know my love of Polish death metal. Hell if I was sleeping and someone poured a bucket of cold water on me. I'd wake screaming "VADER" then I'd kick your ass.


Speaking of which yeah this band does have some influence by their nation's great death metal peers. You can hear it in the violent attack of the rhythm section. The drums are in full attack mode while the bass sound is thick as fuck. I'd say the riff sound is on par with old Swede death. Nothing wrong with that of course.


The three top notches for this album of course are first the guitar leads which are eye popping. Next the obvious anger tinged, pissed off vocals. Third obviously is the song writing. Sure they've got influences and talent but it's their ability to weave all of that into something which holds your attention in varied ways. All nine cuts on here are cool. In the end hey I've got a new favorite Polish death metal band. POLISH POWER!



https://store.witchinghour.pl/

LISTEN HERE:

https://witchinghourproductions.bandcamp.com/album/youll-never-rest-in-peace




No comments: