Saturday, February 12, 2022

FACELESS ENTITY - The Great Anguish of Rapture review



FACELESS ENTITY - The Great Anguish of Rapture

Argento Records


Years ago I remember putting on an internet site that had Black Metal playlists. So when I was ready to crash out I'd push play and let my sleep pattern be taken away by obscure and definitely atmospheric black metal. Now I'm not saying certain trance educing elements of black metal make me wanna sleep. It's basically about getting relaxed especially when I'm usually wired for sound. 

Most of the artists were one man BM acts. The whole idea was to be whisked away on a dark journey instead of having my face eaten away by someone who looks like a panda. FACELESS ENTITY fit the a-fore mentioned bill perfectly. They're a three piece BM act from the Netherlands. I'm not surprised that another cool sounding BM act who I now like comes from my nation of heritage.

This is the second full length by FACELESS ENTITY which consists of five cuts, three of which are long and the other two around six minutes in length. Honestly that's the perfect time stamp for this type of atmospheric BM. Musically the band's sound/style is total 90's second wave. They know how to keep things slow and cryptic or beautiful, fast and harsh. 

The Great Anguish of Rapture is an amazing piece of work. It has a variety of sick twisted vocals styles, the guitar work is cold and crisp. Hell you can even hear the bass and the drum work is actually decent. All in all this is a top notch release. This band knows how to create raw waves of blackened fury that carries you to dark places.  

LISTEN & BUY HERE:

No comments: