Friday, May 6, 2022

SKUMSTRIKE - Deadly Intrusions review


 

SKUMSTRIKE - Deadly Intrusions 

Selfmadegod Records


The first time I checked out this release it was after a long hard night at work, three-thirty in the morning and I had a few beers in me. The sound coming out of the speakers had me thinking I'm not ready to deal with hell unleashed right then. Two days later I returned to this release in the afternoon and still I was like WTF?


Ya know for years I've mocked the whole modern scene of punk/hardcore because it's a fuckin joke. It started being a joke in the 1990's. So since then anything that had some excitement from that style usually came from bands that had some metal in their sound. So now it's 2022 and welcome in SKUMSTRIKE to the fold.


Here we have the debut full length by this two piece act from Quebec. Musically this is blackened speed metal, hardcore to the fuckin hilt. Imagine listening to HELLHAMMER on 78 speed. You push play on this release and the maelstrom is there to knock you on your ass. This is a far more dirty style than any blackened thrash act could muster. The band even covers a POISON IDEA cut, good stuff. 


https://selfmadegod.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://selfmadegod.bandcamp.com/album/deadly-intrusions


No comments: