Thursday, August 11, 2022

GALLOWER - Eastern Witchcraft EP


 

GALLOWER - Eastern Witchcraft EP

Dying Victims Productions


Bias alert, the older I get the more I enjoy music from my youth. Case in point here we have GALLOWER a thrash band from the great nation of Poland. So while I'm blasting this one my first thought is that this band would've fit well in the hardcore scene as well as metal back in the day. 


In other words GALLOWER are not to be pigeon holed in the thrash genre. Sure they're metal as fuck but they also have this aggro HC attack as well. Add in a MOTORHEAD approach which sounds cool as fuck to me. The guitar hard rocking 80's style lead work is full on appropriate. The riffs are fierce as are the snarling / laugh in your face vocals. 


This is a five song EP with the final cut being more like an outro of worthless significance. Be that as it may the four main cuts are ferocious bursts of carnal rage. Yeah I really like this release. They're my Ivan Putski Polish Power type band of the month. 


https://www.dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://gallower.bandcamp.com/album/eastern-witchraft-ep


No comments: