Monday, August 22, 2022

MORBID EVILS - Supernaturals review


 

MORBID EVILS - Supernaturals

Transcending Obscurity Records


So what we have here is a side project by Keijo Niinimaa of Finland's ROTTEN SOUND. Yeah he's been involved with a few other projects. This particular one he's been doing since 2014. Sadly I've never checked out their previous material. Basically I'm a ROTTEN SOUND fan and have half a dozen CDs by em. 


I saw em once as well. While a third of the crowd was going crazy slamming into one another. I stood in the back watching in awe fully knowing that this was a one time moment seeing a fucking great band and I didn't want to miss a second of it. Finnish grindcore playing here in the states hell yeah that's a rare moment.


But what we have here is not grindcore unless you buy this on vinyl and play it at 45 speed. This is death doom and sludge albeit in a sick fuckin Finnish way. Basically it's Keijo Niinimaa screaming his lungs out to some heavy as fuck background noise with a groove or two. In the end I enjoyed this as far as being a ferocious listen. Then again I like YOB.


https://tometal.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://morbidevilsband.bandcamp.com/album/supernaturals-death-doom-sludge-metal


No comments: