Monday, August 14, 2023

HOLY MOSES - Invisible Queen review


 

HOLY MOSES - Invisible Queen

Fireflash Records


Supposedly this is the final album by Germany's HOLY MOSES. After giving this quite a few listens I'm of two opinions. First off this might be their best album ever. Secondly I have not kept up with this band over the years. Actually I'm use to the Finished with the Dogs album by them from 1987. Honestly I got into em years after that album came out. But one listen and you knew this was not going to be traditional Teutonic Thrash. I mean even in their early days they were more US sounding then German.


I own two more HOLY MOSES full lengths and they're OK. But now listening to this latest one I'm like why quit? The band aka: vocalist Sabina Classen and the guys she's enlisted since the late 2000's, have pushed the envelope when it comes to thrash. On here you've got typical progressive thrash with jazzy bass runs, well bent guitar riffs and tech death drum work. Musically calling this just thrash is a test. It's a masterpiece as far as modern thrash goes.


As far as Sabina Classen's vocals go on hear she brings across her most fearsome album performance that I've heard. Be that as it may I'm not really into this album. There are times when the band is playing some ripping thrash. But the proggy moments are way overboard to me. Sure musically it's their best album but not for me. 


https://fireflash-records.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzdThC-kgx0&t=1160s


No comments: