Saturday, September 30, 2023

ROAD PIG - Still the Future Is Bleak EP review


 

ROAD PIG - Still the Future Is Bleak EP 

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


Punk Fuckin Metal from the great state of New Jersey, yeah it is great because I was born there. Wait who am I kidding, NJ is a shithole in it's most urban sections. It's safer to live where the Jersey Devil roams. Be that as it may ROAD PIG sound cool as fuck on this four song EP. 


Now we're not talking about another anarcho crusty punk type of band we all heard back in the late 80's/early 90's. This ain't some Food Not Bombs bullshit. I wanna say it reminds me of some cool 90's Punk that was aggressive and didn't give a fuck but they knew how to play their instruments. I mean this comes across like the ADOLESCENTS meets The BULEMICS at Sunlight Studios in Sweden. 


Does that sound cool to you because it sure as hell sounds good to me. This band is using US Hardcore Punk mid-80's style riffs (aka: no DISCHARGE) and adding that 90's era snarl and filth. Now with that said they make it all sound fresh as fuck. Now if they show up at my doorstep looking and smelling like a bunch of hippie punks I'll tell em to go fuck off. But after this the band needs a full length.


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/still-the-future-is-bleak


No comments: