Sunday, September 3, 2023

SLOMATICS - Strontium Fields review


 

SLOMATICS - Strontium Fields

Black Bow Records


Years ago I said in a review that the SLOMATICS are a good doom band to play late at night. But not too loud and make sure the outdoor speakers are not on or the cops will show up again for playing music too loud. The SLOMATICS are one of my favorite Irish bands. I'm part Irish as well so yeah there's some bias in liking a cool band. But hey this band deserves it.


I got into the SLOMATICS some years ago and have watched them go from a damm good sludge band to something more progressive. They have the simplistic ability to crush, kill and destroy you sonically. But they also show compassion with some psych and proggy atmospheric touches. Case in point I love the song "Voidians" which has a psych calling and yet breaks into some fuzzy sludge.


Add to that "Time Capture" which is total proggy psych in a quality way. But of course ya gotta like opener "Wooden Satellites" as well as "I, Neanderthal" because that's the band at their sludge metal best. All in all as a fan I still think Canyons from 2019 is their best album. This one here is a fun step forward and still very good. 


http://www.blackbowrecords.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://slomatics.bandcamp.com/album/strontium-fields


No comments: