Sunday, October 22, 2023

BOTTOMLESS - The Banishing review


 

BOTTOMLESS - The Banishing

Dying Victims Productions


Yes I am a Doom afficinado so when I first heard this second release by BOTTOMLESS I was like yeah they're from Italy and may have grown up watching a few Mario Bava films. Be that as it may BOTTOMLESS are a three piece act who are all about remembering the past. This is doom which has a real touch of 70's hard rock. I mean their song "By The Sword Of The Archangel" would've fit easily on SABBATH's Technical Ecstacy. 


But there's more and not so much to what BOTTOMLESS does on here. "Illusion Sun" sounds like US doom from the midwest. Their first couple of cuts come across as a light hearted approach to  PENTAGRAM. It's definitely catchy especially the opening cut "Let Them Burn". It's likeable to a point. They're definitely a band I'd love to see live. I'll predict that their third album is gonna be a blast. 


https://dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/the-banishing


No comments: