Thursday, October 19, 2023

VENGEANCE - Sewer Surge review


 

VENGEANCE - Sewer Surge

Dying Victims Productions


Here's a band I'd love to see live in a small local venue for a variety of reasons. First off they remind me of a past when you'd have some bands with a sound that could appeal to many people. VENGEANCE have a sound that mixes speed metal, 80's hardcore as well as some NWOBHM sounds. I mean what's not to like about that?


Sound-wise this, their debut album, almost sounds like it was recorded live in the studio or a club. I mean it is a raw sounding recording. And ya know I like it for one obvious reason. I'm old and kinda sick of hearing slick sounding over produced thrash. Seriously I love going back in time to hear amazing music. It makes me feel younger.


Hats off always to Dying Victims Productions who specialize in showcasing the raw talent of bands like Poland's VENGEANCE. From start to finish on this eight song full length. The vocals are punk fuckin rock, most of the cuts are a blitz of NWOBHM rockin stuff with great guitar interplay. Hell this band must like England's RAVEN a bit as well as Canada's RAZOR and maybe England's ANGELIC UPSTARTS. 


Either way band's like Poland’s VENGEANCE (their also known as FUKKIN VENGEANCE, how cool is that) should be a linchpin to us older fucks but also the new school crowd. When I listen to this album I think "Seize the Day". This is music to blast in the morning after you wake up, take a shit, grab some coffee and rock the fuck out.  


https://dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/sewer-surge


No comments: