Thursday, September 3, 2026

F.A.M. - Pleasure Of Torture review


 

F.A.M. - Pleasure Of Torture

Selfmadegod Records


Just for some clarity F.A.M. stands for Furor Arma Ministrat. They are a Brutal Death Metal act hailing from the great Extreme Metal nation of Poland. The band has been around since 2005 and here's a shocker. I know about em. 


So yeah a decade ago I learned about this band because they had an album out, Human Cargo, which was billed as Brutal Death Grind from Poland. As an Extreme Metal fan knowing that Poland has great Grindcore and great Death Metal so why not a combination of the two plus tossing in the Brutal aspect or what we here in the states call "Brootal". 


Unfortunately Human Cargo had no Grind at all. Sure it was Brutal DM but on an average scale. Whichs brings us to now with this their fourth full length. Obviously I missed one or two but anyways I'm pissed because there's really no actual Grindcore on this album even though it was billed as Brutal Death Grind (again). 


As far as the positive points go F.A.M. are good at producing some decent low brow punishing Brutal Death Metal which any sub-genre loving neanderthal will like. I mean chaotic riffs abound with sick pig squeal / bestial vocals. Plus the beating on tupper-ware or pickle barrel drum sounds are evident. Yeah average for this sub-genre but hey if you're a knuckle draggier then here ya go.


https://selfmadegod.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://selfmadegod.bandcamp.com/album/pleasure-of-torture


No comments: