UNBOUNDED TERROR - Through the Dark Desperation Compilation
Abstract Emotions
File this one under the title; For Collector Scum Only. But first I need to explain a few things. So last year I checked out the newest album by one of Spain's oldest Death Metal acts UNBOUNDED TERROR. That album was Something Is Rotten in Humanity which was the band's fourth full length since starting out in the early 1990's. The release came out on the Xtreem Music label and it was fucking great. I highly recommend you pick up this album.
Now when writing about this band and seeing their history I wondered how cool it would be to hear some of their early demo stuff. Boom baby because here it is to a point. Through the Dark Desperation consists of their Growing on Sorrow demo from 1992 plus their Through the Dark Desperation (Evil Laughs Stronger) demo from 1993.
Also on this release there's live stuff from 1992 and 1993. Ok sure that's cool and it all sounds good. And oh hell yeah I wish I was at those shows. But for me the demo stuff rules. Also if you hear it then you'd realize it's easily equal to more familiar DM acts from the 1992 / 1993 era.
Which brings up the question from the asshole in the room who thinks he knows it all. That asshole will say so how come I didn't know about em? The answer is that the record labels mainly focused on Death Metal from Sweden and the US back then. Anything else was secondary or third tier. The fourth realm, which I think a ton of bands were at, was overlooked.
Thankfully, if you're an old school fucker like me who enjoys this stuff as if it was brand fuckin new, then here ya go.
https://abstractemotions.com/en/
LISTEN HERE:
https://unboundedterror.bandcamp.com/album/through-the-dark-desperation



No comments:
Post a Comment