Wednesday, December 21, 2016

IN MY EMBRACE - Black Waters Deep review


IN MY EMBRACE - Black Waters Deep

Label: Sliptrick Records

Released: 2016


Seriously I left the whole melodic death metal bandwagon years ago. I still keep a few cds but that genre just got too generic. Yeah I know that's funny since I still listen to a lot of black metal. Well be that as it may when I saw this band was from Sweden and supposedly had some blackness to em then I fell out of my chair laughing after which I figured I'd check em out. It's 2016 so who knows maybe they add something to a worn out style of metal. I'm glad I did since IN MY EMBRACE might not be bringing anything new to the party. What they do is decent enough to give em props. 


Black Waters Deep is their debut full length although they've previously released an EP, Dead to Dust Descend, in 2014. Basically it's melodic blackened death metal in speeds of slow sorrowful dirge and fast with medium paced blasting. Vocalist, Kenneth Larsson, has a great emotional guttural voice for this style. The songs on here all (except for the opening intro) have a dark and melodic feel to them, kinda like my ex-wife minus the lawyers of course. It's a good listen.

Rating: 3/5 


https://www.facebook.com/InMyEmbrace

http://sliptrickrecords.com/



No comments: