Wednesday, September 13, 2017

SCUMFEAST VIDEO Rants and Raves but mostly Rants



It's the return of reviewing band videos. Most blogs/websites like to say "Exclusive Premiere" of some band's video as if they're the only ones who get it sent to them. Bullshit! Usually I just re-post em on my Facebook page to let friends watch em and laugh. But I figured hey why not give em a chance here at SCUMFEAST METAL 666. So shall we begin?

CRYPT ROT - Pit Of Morbidity video

The Skinny:

First off here's a video by Ohio's CRYPT ROT, a band who came out with their debut full length Embryonic Devils this year on Southern Lord. I did a review of that one if ya wanna check that out. Warning it's not pretty.


What we have here is a video of a song from that release. Roll it!


Verdict: Rant

Ya know I could be fair to this if it was some sort of school project or a mockery video for friends to watch as they kick back and party down. But no this is actually supposedly serious which is all the more worse. Frankly this just made me laugh especially at their use of corpse paint. NEXT!!!


SUNKEN - Sunken video

The Skinny:

From Denmark we get a video titled "Sunken" by the band named SUNKEN. Thankfully they named their full length Departure. Musically this is basically atmospheric black metal, thirteen minutes worth. The full length came out this year on Triton's Orbit if you're interested. So lets not waste any more time.


Verdict: Rant

I started getting Tourettes once the industrial style blastbeats kicked in and the forest footage flew by faster than a cheetah late for supper. I probably need to hear their whole album. Yeah the music is good but flooding all of that imagery to your visual senses is overkill. Nuff Said.


EPI-DEMIC  - Ruthless Ambition Video

The Skinny: 

EPI-DEMIC are a cool hardcore three piece from Canada who lean more on the metallish side of the genre giving their sound a mid to late 80's old school feel. If you wanna know more than here's my review of their full length  Malformed Conscience.


Here we have a video from a song off of that release which came out on Horror Pain Gore Death Productions. So lets take a look at a band I've already given a cool review to.


Verdict: Rant

OK guys yeah I love the music but hey filming a video in what looks like an apartment ain't cutting it for me. Sure there's a couple of animation add ons at the beginning and ending but hey it would've been better if you filmed it at a real venue with actual audience members thrashing to and throw. That would've been cool to watch.


ROTTEN SOUND - Trashmonger Video

The Skinny:

Finland's ROTTEN SOUND really don't need an introduction but hey sometimes ya have to. Since the mid-90's they've been one of the best grindcore bands in the world. I don't believe I'm speaking hyperbole either. I was lucky enough to see em once about a decade ago, wow time fuckin flys. This song here is from their 2016 full length Abuse to Suffer which came out Season of Mist. The label just put this video out now so go figure. 


VERDICT: Rave

It's grindcore and it's a live performance shot. They go together and I think anything otherwise would not do the band justice. Now if you like this then you really need to check out their Murderlive DVD which is a compilation of live show footage and extras from 2002 and 2003. 


And finally, I was going to do a review of a video by this certain artist who hipsters defend but die hard fans of black metal don't. I won't be writing a single word about this artist simply because it's controversy which keeps this artist's name alive and this artist is thriving on victimhood. This artist would not have a career in metal if not for creating a self made controversy in order to get their name out there and have people talking. I still take shots at hipsters but if I talk about this artist then I'm simply feeding them. So I say Fuck that artist. Now if you wanna see a real woman in black metal then here's a classic.

 













No comments: