Thursday, November 21, 2019

DEIPHAGO - I, The Devil review



DEIPHAGO - I, The Devil

Hells Headbangers Records




Listening to DEIPHAGO's newest and fifth full length is more like an endurance test then a musical experience. These Filipino blackened death mongers really pushed things to the limit on here. The first time I played this one was on a morning after a late night of after work drinking and eating some jalapeno laced homemade burritos. Yeah that's called tenacity and I left this one alone for a while.


So here we are again and oh the pain continues. Usually when I review a release I give a listen. If I like it then the second time around I type up the pertinent information as well as some descriptive words for the review which I'll follow up with later. When I came back to what I had previously written about this release. It looked like a suicide note.


I am familiar with DEIPHAGO. I have their last three full lengths and two EPs. That makes me a fan or a punishment junkie and my safe word is "palomino". But with album it just doesn't work. Imagine if you will an industrial sized abattoir. Yeah and add in some death, black and grind for fun and you have I, The Devil by the tits. The rhythm beats are assaults. The riffs are simply all about punishment. And the vocals, when they do manage to get in, are as if you're listening to a man scream while on fire.


Yeah I always boast about liking excruciating extreme stuff but the fuckin incessant beat-down that this release vomits forth has created some limitations on my part. Imagine if you will a blackened death version of GODFLESH's Streetcleaner album with more intense riffs and a real drummer who's probably wanted for murder. This is a relentless (and sadly repetitive) release of noise mainly suited for the sickest purveyors of the extreme.


My neighbor across the street told me the other day that he was feeling depressed. So I lent him this CD in the hopes of cheering him up. Well after the cops and the ambulance showed up at his house afterwards you would think he'd be a good neighbor and return it then share it with the authorities. But No!



https://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/

https://deiphago-philippines.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/deiphago/?_rdc=1&_rdr

No comments: