Saturday, June 12, 2021

ANGRRSTH - Donikad review


 

ANGRRSTH - Donikad 

Godz Ov War Productions


Melody, epic grandeur and power bursting out at the seems. That's what Poland's ANGRRSTH puts forth on this their debut full length. The band doesn't lure you in with atmospheric intros. Nor do they drag you in kicking and screaming. ANGRRSTH simply jumps out at you. 


From the opening sounds of the first track on here, "Ciało me wyklęte", we're talking about a modern black metal sound with vocals a touch psychotic, horrific and whispered. It's melodic yet fierce and the band makes good use of some duel riff patterns. There's plenty of tremolo packed riffage plus some solid rhythms. Call it their own wall of sound. 


The album is seven songs with a running time of just over thirty-five minutes. Musically I have to say this release had me enthralled. I would love to see this band live. Yeah I should be so lucky but I'd be that one guy in the crowd staring as the music engulfed every fiber of my being. In my not so humble opinion 2021 has not been a banner year for black metal. Leave it to this Polish band to put out one of the more memorable releases of the year.


http://godzovwar.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://godzovwarproductions.bandcamp.com/album/donik-d-2


No comments: