Tuesday, June 15, 2021

GRUNT - Discipline review


 

GRUNT - Discipline

Larvae Productions 


So when I read in the promo info that "GRUNT are undoubtedly one of the most controversial acts from the modern days, famous for their infamous shows, during which women and men are sexually tortured and exploited, the band delivers a bizarre, cold and explicit live experience." I'm like so what's the point? GWAR was a cool act to watch but their albums sucked. Oh yeah and I've seen the MENTORS. So controversial in 2021 as far as extreme music goes is in the eye of the beholder. 


Be that as it may I have a hard time not laughing at some vocalist wearing a goth SMBDM mask and probably singing with it it on. Actually he reminds me of the really bad Bane character from the 2012 movie The Dark Knight Rises. Dude didn't the whole Covid mask mandate piss you off or what? Well anyways regardless what this band does on stage I'll say listening to this their third full length is a treat to say the least. 




GRUNT hail from Portugal and combine death metal, grindcore and techno into a musical acid bath. Once I got the visuals out of my imagination I started to really enjoy this. It has it's chaotic and thunderous moments similar to symphonic death metal. The techno synth parts ain't annoying. And of course the grind is good. If you're jaded then you'll take a walk from it. But given a chance and it'll kick your ass. 


https://www.larvae.pt/

LISTEN HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6xUlRSa8BA



No comments: