Thursday, July 22, 2021

NECRONEMESIS - Some Things Should Stay Underground review


 

NECRONEMESIS - Some Things Should Stay Underground

Horror Pain Gore Death


So the first time I checked this release out it was after work at around 3 AM in the morning. Just to let you know I had the volume up just a little too much. But in all seriousness this is a release you have to blast. Which I will get into further along. 


This band is totally new to me but have been around for a while. NECRONEMESIS is a four piece death metal act hailing from Puerto Rico. Now in all honesty I can't say I've heard a lot of metal from that island nation. I'm sure they have a metal scene, who doesn't? But it must have been a decade ago since I've written about a Puerto Rican metal act and I think that was a thrash band.


But anyways there are a lot of cool things about this debut full length. It's basically old school death metal in style and form but with a ton of extras. First off what's up with the vocals? The guy's name is Angel David, yeah right. His basic singing style is that deep GRAVE sounding style. But then there's these harsh witch screams which come in and it's like spine tingling. I'd also say blood curdling.


Next up music wise the songs on here do have an early tech death style as well as straight up brutal DM quality. There's also a few sick solos going on throughout this seven song release. supposedly Rick Rozz of DEATH and MASSACRE fame plays guitar on here. Are those his solos which jet through? I don't know but hey they're good and so is this album. 


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/some-things-should-stay-underground


No comments: