Thursday, November 4, 2021

INSIGHT - Chapter I: Before the Trial EP review


 

INSIGHT - Chapter I: Before the Trial EP

Dying Victims Productions


Personally I hate trilogies. You get two decent releases by the band. Then by the time the third one comes out the band seems tired of it. So they throw out some crappy ending to it all. Trust me I've got a bunch of band releases in the three part zone which all end up sucking. 


So when I saw this Chilean band's release as Chapter One I was not even willing to give it a chance. Of course after one listen my attitude changed a bit. The genre skinny on INSIGHT is that they're a speed metal act who started out a few years back. Sure the timeline is right but musically they're early power metal influenced which sounds cool as fuck!


Musically this four piece act is pulling every past influence out of the way and then reclaiming it in their own dynamic. First and foremost are the vocals by Dante Dubo. His vocals would be perfect if this was doom. But no because he sets that clean howl over some aggressive riffs as well as amazing power metal song structures being put forth.


Sadly this is only a four song EP. I mean at the end of the last cut "The Fall of the Forgotten Ones" it was like a friend had crossed the street, was hit by a bus and just died in front of me. No that's not how you end it but hey it's a trilogy right? 



https://www.dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/insight-chapter-i-before-the-trial


No comments: